Everyone aged 12 years and above must show their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of entry to the temple.
When planning your visit to the Bendigo Joss House Temple, please be aware that you will be required to comply with the following COVIDSafe procedures, as directed by the Victorian Government:
- You should not enter our premises if you are feeling unwell.
- Everyone aged 12 years and above must be double vaccinated. The quickest and easiest way to show proof of vaccination is by adding your COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app. Full details on how to do that is available here. Alternatively, please have your COVID-19 digital certificate, immunisation history statement or eligible proof of exemption ready for our staff to check upon your arrival.
- You will need to ‘check-in’ using the Service Victoria App for contact tracing purposes. QR codes are located at the entrance of Central Deborah Gold Mine. Our Customer Service team will check you have registered when processing your tickets.
- Please bring along your photo identification, such as a driver’s licence.
- Everyone aged 12 years and above will be required to wear a fitted face mask whilst indoors, unless a medical exemption applies.
In addition to the above procedures, we’ve also implemented a number of changes behind-the-scenes to ensure the safety of both staff and visitors:
- Our staff have undergone training to ensure that they understand and can follow the COVIDSafe requirements.
- We have increased our cleaning schedules for surfaces and amenities.
- Hand sanitising stations are available throughout the temple.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to refuse entry or service to anyone in breach of the directions of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
If you would like any further information, the Bendigo Heritage Attractions COVIDSafe Plan is available for download here.