A visit to the Bendigo Joss House Temple will provide an authentic reminder of how the Chinese overcame discrimination and built their lives, practiced their religious beliefs and ultimately made an essential contribution to the whole community through their industrious, disciplined and generous nature.
Our tour guides will regale students with great insight into Chinese culture and the story of the Chinese on the Bendigo goldfield.
Victorian History Curriculum
Years 5 + 6 – The Australian Colonies; Years 9 + 10 – Australia and Asia. We can tailor each tour to suit the areas of study being covered.
Safety and Risk Management
- Risk Assessment: Click here to download the Bendigo Joss House Temple Risk Assessment.
- Public Liability: The Bendigo Joss House Temple falls under the City of Greater Bendigo’s Public Liability Insurance Policy. The Certificate of Currency can be downloaded here.
- ATIC Accreditation: The Bendigo Joss House Temple is accredited by the Australian Tourism Industry Council. Ensuring we meet specific criteria and are committed to exceeding your expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practice.
- Site Plan: Download the Bendigo Joss House Temple site plan here.
- Emergencies: Our staff have been trained to manage emergencies. All groups will have a dedicated tour guide with them. Please follow the directions of your guide and our staff members in the case of an emergency.
Be inspired by Bendigo
Bendigo’s extraordinary gold rush past has created a smorgasbord of fascinating cultural experiences which will capture the imaginations of your students.
Click here to find out more about excursions to Bendigo.
Our team can handle any enquiries and bookings relating to the Bendigo Joss House Temple, Central Deborah Gold Mine or Bendigo Tramways. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Phone: (03) 5443 8255
Fill out this form and we will tailor an itinerary to suit!